Thermo-Structural Analysis Manual
This second volume of the Thermo-Structural Analysis Manual considers additional problems in the field of thermal and mechanical stress analysis not fully treated in Volume I. Special emphasis is given to nonlinear analysis of beams and plates and to axisymmetric thermo-elastic analysis of thin shells. Following the format of Volume I, nondimensional graphs, formulas and tables are developed where feasible. For clarification of the analytical techniques and the use of the numerical data, illustrative examples are given.
The following problems are treated:
(1) large deflection analysis of straight elastic beams with axial end restraint and axial end loads coupled with transverse loading and temperature,
(2) approximate determination of the axal end loads and deformations in heated beam columns with initial eccentricities,
(3) approximate solutions for the buckling of eccentric columns accommodating nonlinear stress strain laws,
(4) axisymmetric large deflections of circular plates subjected to thermal and mechanical loads, and
(5) axisymmetric thermo-elastic analysis of thin shells.
Request scanning of this report